26 July 2007

The Lament of Edipo Re

On visiting the otherness of time
locale is a different sensation in the south
and I, but I, if I, or I
as long as the peasant queen is the vixen whore

who becomes my Jocasta
with the saline addition of knowledge
like a ray of light, your prophecy
O decrepit Tiresias, captured from your native epoch

Imprisoned in this past-future duality
near your fear and trembling
--Speak up, you godly lout!
I collapse in Etruscan rage

Ripe, erotic, rare, cum-guzzling baby,
hang it all but not yourself because I'm hung up on you
Kopasetic Sibylline oracle of mean Apollo,
my Delphine nightmare is a wet dream so past Freud

but loaded with Jungian imagery of the id
The abyss is in me, said the gone Son of Fortune,
Sent him there, I want to go there, I am forever lost there,
Banging it in whence I was born, Life ends where it has begun

Fate is a howling bitch in heat
and I would drown the desert in tears to conquer it
Alienation of the poor from the source and product of their labor
Elijah's cherubim forfeit life for a vague god and damnable country

Time and place conspire against our lives,
god and man against our love
As a little babe, chained to a wilderness of totem fear
must overcome my father in my darkest pre-conscious dreams

Where is the pride of those down-stricken by destiny?
frivolous bourgeois military rape of purity
synapse flash jump cut historical discontinuity to pre-wasted Thebes,
O Sphinx-faced mother, if I could escape death without dying?

No comments: