25 July 2007

whats up jetta

"As if that blind rage has washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, I that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much life myself - so like a brother, really - I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."
-Albert Camus, Le Stranger


^Kind of how I feel everyday, haha. Hey, I'm Ian Snail. Really happy to get the invite to Hotboxed Jetta; I've been following you guys for a few months and I really appreciate how original your sense of humor is. So dry, but totally spot-on. Hillarious. This is totally my sense of humor so it's sweet to actually be a part of it! I know Cheswick pretty well; we took a summer class at Pitt together. We had a lot of grrreat discussion groups about Kant; the dumb bitches in our class were pretty much illiterate so they could hardly keep up with us, but we had an awesome time. I wanted Chess to come back to my brother's house after the final and grab a few cold ones, but he wasn't into that. Probably more about going to Caliban Books to pick up some crazy modernist poetry or whatever; I know he's really into Pound and Ashbery and stuff., no time for Keystone, haha. I used to be a creative writing major so I'm really into that stuff too, before I decided to get all practical with the LSAT thing. Yeah, lame, I know. I was on my way to being a real Romantic, a real "dandy" of the Baudelairian kind, you know, haha. I used to write these love sonnets and shit. "The Rape of Lucretia," I think, is still the most beautiful thing I have ever read or heard. You really have to hear it read, I think. Like "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock", too; I didn't get that until I heard it read out loud (I love Eliot, especially the non-Wasteland stuff, I think it's more elegant). Anyway, even though I don't write that much myself anymore (except songs on the guitar) I still read non-stop, and I watch films pretty much all the time. You guys should all come over to the house and watch something out of my film collection; we have a wide-screen. Trust me, you really haven't seen Rashomon till you've seen it on my bro's widescreen. High Def, the whole bit. Crabcake and I were reading talking about checking out The Seventh Seal? Beautiful, man, beautiful. The most beautiful black and white film I've ever seen. Well, I've only seen the first half, but it was friggin' rediculous! I NEED to see the rest of it, and since my Delta Kap brothers aren't really into GOOD movies (the best movie my friend Tucker has seen in the past five years is You, Me and Dupree. Seriously, haha)
Anyway, I don't really want to watch it with them because they'd definetly ruin the experience for me, unless they were high, but they'd probably just fall asleep. Anyway, you guys are all welcome; Chess, just call me. It'll be the chillest thing ever, chillest than this:


haha like every Philosophy major at Pitt. They always get kicked out of class for reeking of weed. But Chess knows something about that, am I right? Haha

No comments: