14 August 2007

Testimonia Mia

Whatever, Snail. I didn't write a term paper on the proto-deconstructionist framework of The Gay Science not to push that text on customers at the shop. If people don't want their minds blown, then they should probably hang out more often at your Kappa Delta parties to get their wieners blown. JK, Snail. You know where my loyalties lie. I honestly thought we were close enough bros that you wouldn't immediately defend some crank super senior who thinks it's fly to roll up in a pledge's place of employment and freak him out of his wits because he knows he's into Nietzsche. Like, what did you want me to do, say, Yeah! The Birth of Tragedy is great! Why don't you pick up that clearance-bin Norton anthology over there and read Mont Blanc while you're at it! Fuck that. You should beat Nutmunchen's ass for trying to groove on that weak second-hand Kantian idealism. I mean, Nietzsche has the benefit of incorporating the Tao into his notion of the Dionysian, but so does Winnie the Pooh, so who gives a flying fuck? I mean, if the Tao were anything more than flatulence or a nocturnal emission, then maybe I'd respect it a bit more.

Anyway, I'm not some bookworm version of Seaweed who's going to impose his culture on the proverbial Amanda Bines, so I figured I'd do best just to freak Nutmunchen's shit out of the store. That right there was totally your style of allusion, Snail, totally contemporary, but totally on. Despite how much I effing hate you right now for being a hard ass, I have to give you that. Anyway, I'm not going to let your threats waste any more of my time, so I'll just go and listen to Schumann's cello concerto right now. WQED is sweet. Peace.

~Chez

P.S. Yeah, Nietzsche's all right, but people shouldn't mistake his cue and start deconstructing the TAO and meshing it with pop culture. I think Nutmunchen has this poster up in his room at the ΚΔ house, doesn't he? So jejune.

No comments: